Many trading platforms offer access via an API (Application Programming Interface), enabling traders and developers to create customized tools, automate their strategies, and integrate the platform with other systems. Here are a few popular trading platforms that offer APIs:
- MetaTrader 4 & 5 (MT4/MT5): These platforms offer APIs that enable trading automation, account management, access to market data, and much more.
- Interactive Brokers (IBKR): Interactive Brokers offers a comprehensive API that allows traders to place orders, manage their accounts, and access market data.
- Alpaca: Specially designed for automated trading, Alpaca offers a RESTful API that enables the creation, purchase, and sale of assets, as well as access to historical and real-time data.
- QuantConnect: In addition to being a backtesting platform, QuantConnect offers an API that enables live trade execution with multiple brokers.
- TD Ameritrade: This platform offers an API for developers to access account data, market data, and place orders.
- E*TRADE: E*TRADE offers an API for automated trading, access to market data, and account management.
- Binance (for cryptocurrency trading): Binance, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges, offers an API for automated trading, access to market data, and account management.
- Coinbase Pro (also for cryptocurrency trading): This platform offers a RESTful API for trading and account management.
It is crucial, before using an API, to read its documentation, understand its limitations and specifics, and test your systems in a risk-free environment (such as a demo account) before using them in real conditions. In addition, it is advisable to regularly monitor API updates, as changes may affect the functionality of your tools or strategies.
Take your algo trading strategies to the next level
Use our strategy database to develop quantitative strategies faster.
✔️ Research papers
✔️ Trading rules
✔️ Performance metrics
✔️ Python code
💡 Read more:
- Trading strategies papers with code on Equities, Cryptocurrencies, Commodities, Currencies, Bonds, Options
- A curated list of awesome libraries, packages, strategies, books, blogs, and tutorials for systematic trading
- A bunch of datasets for quantitative trading
- A website to help you become a quant trader and achieve financial independence